We are quickly growing business with a great team atmosphere. Our administrator will work full-time Spring - Fall, and work from 1/2 to 3/4 time in the Winter.
Our administrator must have integrity, be trustworthy and discreet, be organized, detailed, flexible and able to work well under pressure.
Additional skills necessary for the job include knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, quickbooks, excel, microsoft office, google doc., good numeric and analytical ability.
Our administrator must be a self-starter, have great time management skills, and people skills: Absolutely essential to be able to work well with owners, in a team setting, and with customers.
Specific duties and main responsibilities include the following:
Keep track of bills and payables using Quickbooks, Farmigo, excel, etc.,
Make payments and deposits.
Balance the checkbook... know where we are on any given day.
Collect money from fallen behind customers/vendors.
Communicate regularly with bookkeeper and accountant.
Answer customer inquiries on email, phone, etc.
Take orders from wholesale buyers & CSA customers.
Keep track of yearly licenses for the farm.
Process new employees & Time cards.
Gather information for taxes through out the year and complete paperwork each year.
Occasionally take payments from CSA customers over the phone, and man the cash register.
Communicate with wash/pack staff about orders almost every week day.
Order supplies for farming operation.
Manage weekly CSA delivery schedule and additional orders.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO PROVIDENCECSA@GMAIL.COM
5691 N M-88 (1 mile east of Eastport)
Central Lake, MI 49622
EXPERIENCED BARISTA FOR OUR NEW FARM CAFE & MARKET!
- Preparing to open the store
- Taking orders and ringing up payment
- Grinding coffee beans
- Preparing and serving light food and snacks
- Cleaning work areas, coffee machines, and equipment
- Creating stock displays
- Keeping track of inventory and placing new orders
- Preparing the store to close
- The origins and flavors of coffee to best answer customers' questions
- How to use and clean a coffee bean grinder and espresso machine
- How to add foam and texture to milk
- Adding artistic designs to the top of a latte
- Knowledge of sourcing, roasting, extraction, milk temperatures, and different brewing methods
- How to prepare specialty coffee and tea drinks
- The coffee production process, from growth till the time it's poured into the cup, along with the ways in which the entire process affects the final beverage
- Characteristics of different types of coffee
- The roasting process, roast type, caffeine, and Swiss Water decaffeination
- The characteristics of Fair Trade and Rain Forest Alliance coffees
- The dimensions of coffees grown in different regions
- How to create a drink for a customer based on his individual preferences
Core Abilities and Attributes
- An extroverted and vivacious personality
- Top notch customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with high customer traffic
- Taking initiative and working well independently
- Attention and an eye for detail
- Flexible and works well with a team
- Knowledge of health, safety, and hygiene in the retail food production environment
- Ability to multitask, juggling jobs such as taking orders, making drinks, ringing up customers, and answering product questions
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us here!
Providence Organic Farm is seeking a field manager for the 2017 season. Job responsibilities will include all aspects of vegetable production with an emphasis on harvest crew leadership.
- Leadership, Communication & People Skills
- Ability to learn our system & methods
- Willingness to work 40-60 hours a week, especially from mid-June through the end of September, asking for little extra time off. (All Sundays off. Most Saturdays off days except for hay, strawberry season.)
- A good physical report from a doctor
- Flexibility (Jobs can and will change from what was "planned" at times due to weather, orders, unexpected mechanical issues, etc.)
- Ability to manage an average of 12-15 people on a daily basis
- Organizational skills to oversee field tasks, demonstrate/teach proper harvest and post harvest techniques
- Ability to complete harvest in a timely manner each day
- Ability to keep accurate and timely records
- Willingness to do what it takes from field to wash/pack to get orders done on time
- Ability or willingness to learn to use farm machinery
Competitive pay to commensurate with experience, knowledge, attitude and work ethic. Options to leverage pay with farm produce and meats, and possible housing exist. Bonus features include access to our library, 14 year's of accumulated knowledge, experience in your interest areas of operating a profitable farm business, networking/learning opportunities with various farms and farm organizations, stipend to attend farm-related training/work-shops, living and working in this gorgeous area of the country!
Send your resume with three job references (who aren’t family) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read this to get an idea of what you'd be getting into before you apply...
This is our 11th year owning our own farm business. We grow over 200 different varieties of vegetables on 20 acres (~ 200,000 pounds of produce and growing...), 1.5 acres strawberries, 60 acres certified organic hay, 30 pastured pork, and small herds of Belted Galloway cattle and Katahdin sheep. You would be responsible for managing up to 15 field workers depending on the time of the season, harvesting Monday - Friday and some Saturdays from June - Thanksgiving for up to 300 CSA families shares over a 24-week period, 6 farm markets from June-October, two food co-ops, a food-hub, and some restaurants.
Best perks? We are located in gorgeous northwest lower Michigan, a tourist destination due to our many gorgeous lakes, rolling landscapes, wine country and fruit orchards. Our farm is located 1.5 miles from Barnes County Park and campground on Lake Michigan, and .5 miles from a small beach and boat access on beautiful Torch Lake (as you can see a bit in the above picture). We are a 20 minute drive from two picturesque lakeside communities (Charlevoix and Elk Rapids) as well as 20 minutes from Bellaire, known for Grass River Natural Area, Glacier Hills mountain bike paths, and Short’s Brewery. Furthermore, you are a mere 45 minutes from Traverse City to the south and Petoskey to the north. Both larger cities for this region, located on Lake Michigan and known for great food, beverage and music among other attractions.
FIELD HARVEST, WASH/PACK CREW
We are looking for individuals with the following traits:
- Passion for Real. Good. Food.
- Love of land and growing food as sustainable as possible.
- Ability to learn from reading, watching and doing
- Willingness to become more efficient over time
- A good physical report from a doctor
- Ability to adapt to a variety of work conditions, including a diversity of people
- Positive attitude
- Efficiency & productivity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather doing mundane or repetitive tasks at times
Competitive pay to commensurate with experience, knowledge, attitude and work ethic.
Please send a resume with three unrelated references to
This page last updated on 2/13/2019.