links to fb, blog, localharvest, etc
1. Traditional CSA: Join us this summer for 18-20 weeks of the freshest, most delicious and beautiful produce northwest Michigan has to offer. A share is intended to feed a family of four or 2-3 adults. If you have a small household, consider "sharing a share." Members are welcome to visit the farm, feed the chickens, U-pick peas, cherry tomatoes, etc. in season, and even help plant and harvest if you like! $575 for the season, which works out to $32/week (or about $1.14 per person per day). *Part of the CSA model is farmers knowing how many members we're growing for, and getting cash up front to cover early season expenses. You are encouraged to join as early as possible.
Pick Up Options:
Tuesday afternoons 4-7 pm @ the Red Barn at Birch Point Farm
Wednesday AFTERNOONS 4-7 pm @ the new AFTERNOON downtown TC Sara Hardy farmers' market
Saturday mornings 8-11 @ the downtown TC Sara Hardy farmers' market
2. Heart of Summer Shares: 6 weeks of CSA (mid-July through mid-Aug) $250.00 Intended for you if you
3. Winter Shares: Eight weeks (Nov-Dec) of fall-winter bounty. You'll be amazed at the diversity of food northern Michigan can produce in early winter-- things like greens, onions and garlic, leeks, carrots, beets and lots of other root crops, winter squash, herbs, Brussels sprouts, cabbages, etc from the root cellar, hoophouse, and the field itself. Sometimes we're even still harvesting peppers and tomatoes from the hoophouse in early November! $250.00 Pick up Saturdays at the indoor winter market in Bldg.50, 10 am -2 pm.
4. Flower Shares: Eight weeks of gorgeous color, texture and fragrance! Flower shares are in the form of a "punch card," good for eight bouquets. You choose how frequently you pick up flowers- once a week for eight weeks, all eight at once, half for you and half for a friend- you decide! Flowers will be available starting late July through late September/October. $75.00 If you have a regular CSA share, pick up at the farm or at market; otherwise pick up only at market. *Flower shares make great gifts!*
5. Investor Shares: Join us for winter, spring, summer, and/or fall with a flexible, modified CSA share. Instead of a traditional membership with weekly boxes, you invest up front as much or as little as you like. Your investment supports the farm, just like a CSA membership fee, and yields 10-20% one-time "interest." You come shop from our farmers' market stall, and your purchases are debited from your account. If you run through your initial investment, you can add more at any time. If you still have a balance by the end of winter (when summer shares and the downtown market start), you can apply it toward the price of a normal CSA share, OR roll it over into a summer investor account. Please email email@example.com or call 231-933-7256 for more info.
6. Lifetime CSA share (limited number available-- an investment in the farm that could provide amazing value to you) $10,000 - A Farmland Preservation Share- This is a long-term "slow money" investment in the farm, contributing to infrastructure improvements, protection from development, perennial plantings, and continued agricultural use and stewardship of the land. Contact Michelle for information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-933-7256
NOVEMBER: THANKSGIVING SHARES AVAILABLE! Call 231-933-7256 or email email@example.com to reserve yours. $40 gets you a box of the freshest greens from the field AND hoophouse, root veggies like carrots, parsnips, potatoes, leeks, and more, fresh herbs, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, organic apples, and more for your Thanksgiving feast and/or your winter root cellar. Pick up the Sat before Thanksgiving at our stall at the indoor farmers' market at The Commons (10 am-2 pm). Pay at pick-up.
ALSO AVAILABLE: Sponsored Thanksgiving shares. $40 sends more than $40 worth of produce to the Goodwill Inn for their Thanksgiving meal. Birch Point will already be donating several shares' worth of food; you can help us bring even more by sponsoring a donated share. The Goodwill Inn cooks are experts at using everything that comes into their kitchen- nothing goes to waste. Call or email to offer your donation. Thank you so much for helping to get fresh, local food to even more families this Thanksgiving.
Also available: Bulk Quantities of crops for Canning/Preserving , special optional extras, TBA (e.g. organic fruit from neighboring farms, eggs, cheese, etc)
*Chickens and Eggs- stay tuned for an update on the egg front: we lost the last of the old flock to predators last fall, but plan to bring in new chicks this spring!